Sunday, October 6, 2013

Day 6: The Lord is my portion….

31 Days

 

therefore I have hope.

The Lord is my portion.  But what does that mean?

Portion:

1:  an individual's part or share of something: as

a :  a share received by gift or inheritance

b : dowry

c :  enough food especially of one kind to serve one person at one meal

2:  an individual's lot, fate, or fortune :  one's share of good and evil

I am still learning what this means exactly, day after day of walking with Him slowly teaches me that He is all I need, He is my source of hope.

We recently walked through some difficult days financially.  I begged God for this one thing and in the end I had to let that thing go.   I searched the scriptures for His promises, something that would quiet my heart and reassure me that we would not hit that one milestone I was so afraid of….I read that He never leaves us forsaken, that our seed will never beg for bread but in my heart I knew He was whispering:

If you lose it all, can you still believe and know that I am enough?   What if I say no again?   Can you surrender this also, and still hope in me?

We didn’t lose it all but I did have to let go that thing that I treasured so much.  It hurt, I won’t lie but you know what?  He was, He is, He always will be enough.

The Lord is my inheritance, my good thing….I have hope because I have Him.   And because I have Him I am enough because He is more than enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...