Saturday, August 6, 2011

Cancer Sucks….

So now comes the difficult post in which I explain why I have been so quiet :’(

On June 30th my aunt texted me….

“Your uncle is in the hospital…please pray”

Words like lesions, masses, biopsies were spoken, words you hear when you are on the cancer ride.

We started our ride with lung cancer, swerved through liver cancer and came to a screeching back breaking halt at melanoma.   We became increasingly dizzy at the mention of each organ affected:

liver

lung

brain

lymph nodes

So we do all we can do.  We pray.  We trust.  And we love  each other.  

The little things don’t matter.   The minor irritations are easily ignored and gratitude has replaced complacency.

….and with love we’ll carry on cuz grace was strong enough…

4 comments:

  1. I will keep you and your family in my thoughts. (((hug))) -Sharon Epley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately I've been through that ride... A BIG BIG BIG hug

    Gabriella

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for letting me know you're listening! Your comments mean so much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...